Job ID: 232054854
5 - 10 years
Supervisor, Clinical Lab Operations – Sign on Bonus available
Are you a Medical Technologist looking to take the next step in your career? Health Network Laboratories is seeking Supervisors of Clinical Laboratory Operations in our Acute Care Labs on day, evening, and night shifts. If you are looking for a job that is meaningful and different every day, this might be the ideal opportunity for you.
Health Network Laboratories, firmly established in the Lehigh Valley, is a leader in integrated clinical diagnostic testing and pathology services for the healthcare community who provides high quality, courteous, and responsive service to our patients. Our team of dedicated professionals works to ensure accurate, expert, cost-effective and timely clinical information for the treatment and medical management of patients.
Day to Day as an HNL Supervisor of Clinical Lab Operations, You Will:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties and responsibilities of those supervised. Fulfill the function of general supervisor for regulatory requirements and provides 24/7 rotating on call coverage.
- Monitor work activities to improve efficiency. Evaluate specimen collection, processing, and testing to ensure quality/integrity under general supervision of the manager.
- Be responsible for the collection, processing, accessioning and waived testing of blood, urine and other samples from Patient Service Centers (PSC’s) and other collection sites including nursing homes, state institutions, patient’s homes and other client locations.
- Supervise departmental activities/staffing assignments/schedules and staff meetings to maintain a high quality of work. Monitor work activities to improve efficiency. Take corrective action when necessary to redirect activities and to correct problems.
- Perform specialized and technically demanding tests that require high level of expertise and reports tests results.
- Direct the proper storage of hazardous materials and the laboratory safety program in conjunction with the safety officer.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and test methods and makes decisions regarding action to be taken.
- Review quality control data as well as evaluates specimen collection/processing to ensure quality/integrity under general supervision of the manager; recognize and resolve problems. Communicate problems and actions to the appropriate member(s) of management (if applicable). Plan, design, and implement installation of new or improved laboratory techniques in conjunction with division management.
- Establish standards, normal values, and methods of control for each laboratory test performed in accordance with regulatory and accrediting agencies and in conjunction with clinical/medical leadership. Review current literature to keep informed of new developments in the field.
- Coordinate and conduct education and training programs for personnel. Develop training/competency checklists and provides clinical orientation and/or training of new employees/students. Support Education Department personnel/trainers and/or designee in the training/orientation of new staff members.
- Develop and maintain department Standard Operating Procedures according to CLSI guidelines as appropriate.
- Plan for effective utilization of resources (space, time, personnel, budget and equipment). Maintain an accurate workload recording system and prepares productivity reports as requested. Evaluate and adjust workload using the data.
- Actively participate in the Continuous System Improvement (CSI) and continuing education programs.
- Coordinate new business with the Sales Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology
- 6 years clinical laboratory experience.
We offer competitive compensation & benefit packages as well as relocation assistance. Health Network Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V/AA